id - print real and effective user and group IDs
id [OPTION]... [USER]...
Print user and group information for each specified USER, or (when USER omitted) for the current process.
- ignore, for compatibility with other versions
- -Z, --context
- print only the security context of the process
- -g, --group
- print only the effective group ID
- -G, --groups
- print all group IDs
- -n, --name
- print a name instead of a number, for -ugG
- -r, --real
- print the real ID instead of the effective ID, with -ugG
- -u, --user
- print only the effective user ID
- -z, --zero
- delimit entries with NUL characters, not whitespace;
- not permitted in default format
Without any OPTION, print some useful set of identified information.
Written by Arnold Robbins and David MacKenzie.
Copyright © 2023 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License
GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
or available locally via: info '(coreutils) id invocation'
|October 2023||GNU coreutils 9.4|