wc [OPTION]... --files0-from=F
With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input.
The options below may be used to select which counts are printed, always in the following order: newline, word, character, byte, maximum line length.
- -c, --bytes
- print the byte counts
- -m, --chars
- print the character counts
- -l, --lines
- print the newline counts
- read input from the files specified by NUL-terminated names in file F; If F is - then read names from standard input
- -L, --max-line-length
- print the maximum display width
- -w, --words
- print the word counts
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
Report any translation bugs to https://translationproject.org/team/
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
or available locally via: info '(coreutils) wc invocation'
|March 2020||GNU coreutils 8.32|