- -f, --follow
- Output appended data as the file grows.
- -o, --output file
- Write command output to file instead of standard output.
- -r, --reverse
- Undump, write back edited login information into the utmp or wtmp files.
- -V, --version
- Display version information and exit.
- -h, --help
- Display help text and exit.
But be warned, utmpdump was written for debugging purposes only.
The version 2.28 was the last one that printed text output using ctime(3) timestamp format. Newer dumps use millisecond precision ISO-8601 timestamp format in UTC-0 timezone. Conversion from former timestamp format can be made to binary, although attempt to do so can lead the timestamps to drift amount of timezone offset.