|PBIBTEX(1)||General Commands Manual||PBIBTEX(1)|
pbibtex, upbibtex - make a (Japanese) bibliography for (La)TeX
pbibtex [options] auxname[.aux]
pBibTeX (pbibtex) is a modified version of BibTeX for Japanese handling. It sorts entries according to code points in EUC-JP. Also, a new built-in function is.kanji.str$ which determines whether an entry is outside ASCII is introduced.
upBibTeX (upbibtex) is a modified version of pBibTeX, which sorts entries according to code points in Unicode.
A new built-in function is available, and some other functions are modified to simplify Japanese handling.
- [New feature] Pops the top (string) literal to see if it contains any non-ASCII characters. Pushes 1 if it contains at least one, 0 if not.
- Modified to avoid dividing a character string in the middle of a multibyte character.
- Similar modification to substring$ described above.
- Modified to prevent appending "." after Japanese punctuations corresponding to "!", "?" and "." (e.g. U+FF01, U+FF1F, U+3002 and U+FF0E).
- Modified to accept Japanese zenkaku ideographic space (U+3000) for names displayed in Japanese. Also modified to recognize Japanese commas (U+3001 and U+FF0C) similar to "and" between names.
Japanese version of BibTeX was originally developed by Shouichi Matsui as JBibTeX until 1991. It was developed to behave consistently with NTT JTeX in handling legacy Japanese encodings. The old documentations jbibtex.pdf, jbtxdoc.tex, jbtxhak.tex (all available in TeX Live) describe Japanese handling capability and some additional notes of JBibTeX.
Current (u)pBibTeX is a forked version of JBibTeX, and has replaced the encoding conversion routine with one that is compatible with (u)pTeX community edition using the ptexenc library. Note that descriptions of encodings in the old documentations j*.pdf (especially Section 3.3 of jbibtex.pdf, such as BIBTERMCODE and BIBFILECODE) are incorrect anymore.
This manual page was written by Hironobu Yamashita.
|24 July 2021||Web2C 2023|