msgcmp - compare message catalog and template
msgcmp [OPTION] def.po ref.pot
Compare two Uniforum style .po files to check that both contain the same set of msgid strings. The def.po file is an existing PO file with the translations. The ref.pot file is the last created PO file, or a PO Template file (generally created by xgettext). This is useful for checking that you have translated each and every message in your program. Where an exact match cannot be found, fuzzy matching is used to produce better diagnostics.
Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too.
Input file location:
- references to the sources
- -D, --directory=DIRECTORY
- add DIRECTORY to list for input files search
- -m, --multi-domain
- apply ref.pot to each of the domains in def.po
- -N, --no-fuzzy-matching
- do not use fuzzy matching
- consider fuzzy entries
- consider untranslated entries
Input file syntax:
- -P, --properties-input
- input files are in Java .properties syntax
- input files are in NeXTstep/GNUstep .strings syntax
- -h, --help
- display this help and exit
- -V, --version
- output version information and exit
Written by Peter Miller.
Report bugs in the bug tracker at https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gettext or by email to <email@example.com>.
Copyright © 1995-2022 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
The full documentation for msgcmp is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and msgcmp programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info msgcmp
should give you access to the complete manual.
|October 2022||GNU gettext-tools 0.21.1|