tee - read from standard input and write to standard output and files
tee [OPTION]... [FILE]...
Copy standard input to each FILE, and also to standard output.
- -a, --append
- append to the given FILEs, do not overwrite
- -i, --ignore-interrupts
- ignore interrupt signals
- operate in a more appropriate MODE with pipes.
- set behavior on write error. See MODE below
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
MODE determines behavior with write errors on the outputs:
- diagnose errors writing to any output
- diagnose errors writing to any output not a pipe
- exit on error writing to any output
- exit on error writing to any output not a pipe
The default MODE for the -p option is 'warn-nopipe'. With "nopipe" MODEs, exit immediately if all outputs become broken pipes. The default operation when --output-error is not specified, is to exit immediately on error writing to a pipe, and diagnose errors writing to non pipe outputs.
Written by Mike Parker, Richard M. Stallman, and David MacKenzie.
GNU coreutils online help:
Report any translation bugs to https://translationproject.org/team/
Copyright © 2023 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License
GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
or available locally via: info '(coreutils) tee invocation'
|April 2023||GNU coreutils 9.3|