|stationlist.xml(5)||File Formats Manual||stationlist.xml(5)|
This file is created or updated whenever channel information is changed in tvtime. This is done when renumbering a channel, using the channel scanner, or manually activating or deactivating a specific channel from the list.
Channel settings are saved specific to norm and frequency table.
<?xml version="1.0"?> <!DOCTYPE stationlist PUBLIC "-//tvtime//DTD stationlist 1.0//EN" "http://tvtime.sourceforge.net/DTD/stationlist.dtd"> <stationlist xmlns="http://tvtime.sourceforge.net/DTD/"> <list norm="NTSC" frequencies="US-Cable"> <station ... /> ... station list </list> </stationlist>
That is, each norm/frequency combination will get its own section
in the configuration file. The frequencies name is not special, you can have
frequencies="foobar" and running
tvtime -f foobar
will do the right thing. The norm, however, must match the norm being used.
Entries in a list are in the following form:
<station name="CNN" active="1" position="18" band="US Cable" channel="18"/> <station name="DSF" active="1" position="12" band="VHF E2-E12" channel="E12"/>
- The human-readable name of the current station.
- When set to 1, the channel is active. To deactivate the channel, set this value to 0.
- This setting specifies the position the channel occupies on the dial. This allows users to arbitrarily map any particular channel to a particular position on the dial.
The possible bands and channels available in tvtime are:
Band name Channels provided US Cable 1–99 US Cable 100 100–125 US Two-Way T7, T8, T9, T10, T11, T12 T13, T14 US Broadcast 2–83 China Broadcast 1–68, A1–A7, B1–B31, C1–C5 Japan Broadcast 1–62 Japan Cable 13–63 VHF E2-E12 E1–E12 VHF S1-S41 S1–S41 VHF Misc X, Y, Z, Z+1, Z+2 VHF France K01–K10, KB–KQ, H01–H19 VHF Russia R1–R12, SR1–SR19 VHF Australia AS1–AS12, AS5A, AS9A VHF Italy A–H, H1, H2 VHF Ireland I1–I9 VHF South Africa 1–13 UHF U21–U69 UHF Australia AU28–AU69 Australia Optus 01–058
Custom channels can be included manually by specifying the frequency in megahertz:
<station name="2" active="1" position="0" band="Custom" channel="55.69MHz"/>
- A per-channel norm can be specified in the stationlist. This is for stations which receive both PAL and SECAM stations, such that they can choose the colour encoding format per-channel. The only valid values here are either PAL or SECAM.
- Sets the name of the network for the OSD display. In NTSC regions, this is set from the XDS information in the VBI if VBI decoding is enabled.
- Sets the call letters of the network for the OSD display. In NTSC regions, this is set from the XDS information in the VBI if VBI decoding is enabled.
- Sets the XMLTV channel identifier to associate this channel with if tvtime
cannot automatically make the association. For following channel
definition in an XMLTV file:
<channel id="I10119.labs.zap2it.com"> <display-name>CICA</display-name> <display-name>TV Ontario (CICA)</display-name> <display-name>Canadian Independent</display-name> </channel>
An associated stationlist entry would be:
<station name="2" active="1" position="0" band="Custom" channel="55.69MHz" xmltvid="I10119.labs.zap2it.com"/>
|October 2004||tvtime 1.0RC1|