openssl-pkeyparam, pkeyparam - public key algorithm parameter processing tool
openssl pkeyparam [-help] [-in filename] [-out filename] [-text] [-noout] [-engine id] [-check]
The pkeyparam command processes public key algorithm parameters. They can be checked for correctness and their components printed out.
- Print out a usage message.
- -in filename
- This specifies the input filename to read parameters from or standard input if this option is not specified.
- -out filename
- This specifies the output filename to write parameters to or standard output if this option is not specified.
- Prints out the parameters in plain text in addition to the encoded version.
- Do not output the encoded version of the parameters.
- -engine id
- Specifying an engine (by its unique id string) will cause pkeyparam to attempt to obtain a functional reference to the specified engine, thus initialising it if needed. The engine will then be set as the default for all available algorithms.
- This option checks the correctness of parameters.
Print out text version of parameters:
openssl pkeyparam -in param.pem -text
There are no -inform or -outform options for this command because only PEM format is supported because the key type is determined by the PEM headers.
Copyright 2006-2019 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved.
Licensed under the OpenSSL license (the "License"). You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain a copy in the file LICENSE in the source distribution or at https://www.openssl.org/source/license.html.