- print information about all known paper sizes
- print paper names (by default, the name is not printed when only one paper argument is given)
- print paper sizes (width followed by height)
- print dimensions in the given unit [default: PostScript points]
- display this help and exit
- display version information and exit
paper prints information about the given paper sizes, which can include the standard form of its name, its width and height. The name is matched case-insensitively, and ignoring spaces.
If neither a paper size nor the --all option is given, the current paper size is used.
The current paper size is obtained by looking in order at the following values until a non-empty value is found. If no paper size is configured, paper exits with an error.
- The PAPERSIZE environment variable
- The user's default paper size in $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/papersize
- The LC_PAPER environment variable (if supported by the system)
- The system default paper size in /etc/papersize
- The first paper size in the system list
- The first paper size in the user's list
- Paper size to use.
- System default paper size.
- User's default paper size.
|October 2020||paper 2.3|