openssl-pkcs7 - PKCS#7 command
openssl pkcs7 [-help] [-inform DER|PEM] [-outform DER|PEM] [-in filename] [-out filename] [-print] [-print_certs] [-text] [-noout] [-engine id] [-provider name] [-provider-path path] [-propquery propq]
This command processes PKCS#7 files. Note that it only understands PKCS#7 v 1.5 as specified in IETF RFC 2315. It cannot currently parse CMS as described in IETF RFC 2630.
- Print out a usage message.
- -inform DER|PEM, -outform DER|PEM
- The input and formats; the default is PEM. See
openssl-format-options(1) for details.
The data is a PKCS#7 Version 1.5 structure.
- -in filename
- This specifies the input filename to read from or standard input if this option is not specified.
- -out filename
- Specifies the output filename to write to or standard output by default.
- Print out the full PKCS7 object.
- Prints out any certificates or CRLs contained in the file. They are preceded by their subject and issuer names in one line format.
- Prints out certificate details in full rather than just subject and issuer names.
- Don't output the encoded version of the PKCS#7 structure (or certificates if -print_certs is set).
- -engine id
- See "Engine Options" in openssl(1). This option is deprecated.
- -provider name
- -provider-path path
- -propquery propq
- See "Provider Options" in openssl(1), provider(7), and property(7).
Convert a PKCS#7 file from PEM to DER:
openssl pkcs7 -in file.pem -outform DER -out file.der
Output all certificates in a file:
openssl pkcs7 -in file.pem -print_certs -out certs.pem
The -engine option was deprecated in OpenSSL 3.0.
Copyright 2000-2021 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved.
Licensed under the Apache License 2.0 (the "License"). You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain a copy in the file LICENSE in the source distribution or at https://www.openssl.org/source/license.html.