|LINK(1P)||POSIX Programmer's Manual||LINK(1P)|
link file1 file2
A user may need appropriate privileges to invoke the link utility.
- The pathname of an existing file.
- The pathname of the new directory entry to be created.
- Provide a default value for the internationalization variables that are unset or null. (See the Base Definitions volume of POSIX.1‐2017, Section 8.2, Internationalization Variables for the precedence of internationalization variables used to determine the values of locale categories.)
- If set to a non-empty string value, override the values of all the other internationalization variables.
- Determine the locale for the interpretation of sequences of bytes of text data as characters (for example, single-byte as opposed to multi-byte characters in arguments).
Determine the locale that should be used to affect the format and contents of diagnostic messages written to standard error.
- Determine the location of message catalogs for the processing of LC_MESSAGES.
- Successful completion.
- An error occurred.
The following sections are informative.
The Base Definitions volume of POSIX.1‐2017, Chapter 8, Environment Variables
The System Interfaces volume of POSIX.1‐2017, link()
Any typographical or formatting errors that appear in this page are most likely to have been introduced during the conversion of the source files to man page format. To report such errors, see https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/reporting_bugs.html .
|2017||IEEE/The Open Group|