tessellimage - Converts an image to triangles using Delaunay tessellation.
tessellimage [-display host:display.screen] [-visual visual] [-window] [-root] [-delay number] [-duration number] [-duration2 number] [-max-depth number] [-max-resolution pixels] [-no-outline] [-no-fill-screen] [-fps]
Converts an image to triangles using Delaunay tessellation, and animates the result at various depths. More triangles are allocated to visually complex parts of the image. This is accomplished by first computing the first derivative of the image: the distance between each pixel and its neighbors. Then the Delaunay control points are chosen by selecting those pixels whose distance value is above a certain threshold: those are the pixels that have the largest change in color/brightness.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- -delay number
- Per-frame delay, in microseconds. Default: 30000 (0.03 seconds).
- -duration number
- Length of time until loading a new image. Default: 2 minutes.
- -duration2 number
- Length of time until increasing or decreasing the triangulation depth. Default: 0.4 seconds.
- -max-depth number
- The maximum number of triangles to render. Default: 40000.
- -max-resolution pixels
- The size of the loaded image will be constrained to this width or height, to reduce the number of pixels examined. Think of it as an initial low-pass filter. Default 1024.
- -outline | -no-outline
- Whether to outline the triangles.
- -fill-screen | -no-fill-screen
- Whether to zoom in on the image to completely fill the screen, or to center it.
- -fps | -no-fps
- Whether to show a frames-per-second display at the bottom of the screen.
Copyright © 2014-2018 by Jamie Zawinski. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
|6.02 (11-Oct-2021)||X Version 11|