strange - draws strange attractors
strange [-display host:display.screen] [-foreground color] [-background color] [-window] [-root] [-mono] [-install] [-visual visual] [-ncolors integer] [-delay microseconds]
The strange program draws strange attractors
strange accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- If on a color display, pretend we're on a monochrome display.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- -ncolors integer
- How many colors should be used (if possible). Default 100. The colors are chosen randomly.
- -points integer
- Change the number of points/iterations each frame. Default 5500. More than 6000 activates the accumulator, which makes parts of the image brighter or darker depending on how often the attractor hits each pixel.
- -point-size integer
- Changes the size of individual points. Default 1.
- -zoom float
- Zooms in or out. Default 0.9.
- -brightness float
- Adjusts the brightness for accumulator mode. Default 1.0.
- -motion-blur float
- Adds motion blur. Default 3.0, no motion blur is 1.0.
- Display the current frame rate and CPU load.
Copyright © 1997 by Massimino Pascal.
Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation.
Massimino Pascal <Pascal.Massimon@ens.fr>, 1997.
Ability to run standalone or with xscreensaver added by Jamie Zawinski <email@example.com>, 10-May-97.
|6.02 (11-Oct-2021)||X Version 11|