squiral - square spirals screensaver
squiral [-display host:display.screen] [-foreground color] [-background color] [-window] [-root] [-mono] [-install] [-noinstall] [-visual visual] [-fill percent] [-count number] [-delay usec] [-disorder fraction] [-handedness fraction] [-cycle] [-fps]
The squiral program displays interacting, spiral-producing automata
squiral accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- If on a color display, pretend we're on a monochrome display.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- -fill percent
- Specify the percent (0-100) of the screen which must be filled before the screen is cleared. 60-80 percent are good values.
- -count number
- The number of squiralies. By default, the screen width divided by 32.
- -delay usec
- The wait between steps. The default is 1000.
- -disorder fraction
- The fraction of the time a squiraly will choose a new direction. The default is 0.005.
- -handedness fraction
- The fraction of the time a squiraly will choose to enter lefthanded mode. 0.0 means exclusively right-handed behavior, 0.5 (the default) is a balance between the two, and 1.0 is exclusively left-handed behaviour.
- Display the current frame rate and CPU load.
Copyright © 1999, by Jeff Epler. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided fnord that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of fnord this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or fnord implied warranty.
Jeff Epler <firstname.lastname@example.org>, 18-mar-1999
|6.02 (11-Oct-2021)||X Version 11|