splitflap - a simulation of a split-flap electromechanical display.
splitflap [-display host:display.screen] [-visual visual] [-window] [-root] [-delay microseconds] [-speed float] [-width columns] [-height rows] [-mode text | clock12 | clock24] [-no-wander] [-spin axes] [-no-spin] [-front] [-no-front] [-wireframe] [-fps]
Simulates a split-flap display, an old style of electromechanical sign as seen in airports and train stations, and commonly used in alarm clocks in the 1960s and 1970s.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- -delay number
- Per-frame delay, in microseconds. Default: 20000 (0.02 seconds).
- -speed number
- Animation speed. 2.0 means twice as fast, 0.5 means half as fast.
- -width number
- Columns of the display. Default: 22.
- -height number
- Rows of the display. Default: 8.
- -mode clock12
- Display a 12-hour clock.
- -mode clock24
- Display a 24-hour clock.
- -front | -no-front
- When spinning, never spin all the way around or upside down: always face mostly forward so that the text is easily readable. This is the default.
- Allow spins to go all the way around or upside down.
- -wander | -no-wander
- Whether the object should wander around the screen.
- Which axes around which the text should spin. The default is "XYZ", meaning rotate it freely in space. "-spin Z" would rotate the text in the plane of the screen while not rotating it into or out of the screen; etc.
- -wireframe | -no-wireframe
- Render in wireframe instead of solid.
- -fps | -no-fps
- Whether to show a frames-per-second display at the bottom of the screen.
Copyright © 2015 by Jamie Zawinski. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
|6.02 (11-Oct-2021)||X Version 11|