pedal - pretty geometric picture program
pedal [-display host:display.screen] [-foreground color] [-background color] [-window] [-root] [-delay seconds] [-maxlines number] [-mono] [-install] [-visual visual] [-fps]
The pedal program displays pretty geometric pictures.
pedal accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- -foreground color
- The color for the foreground. Default is white.
- -background color
- The color for the background. Default is black.
- -delay seconds
- The number of seconds to pause between each picture.
- -maxlines number
- The maximum number of lines in the drawing. Good values are between 20 and 2000. Maximum value is 16K.
To make your X server grunt under load, and to impress your friends, try pedal -mono -delay 0 -maxlines 100.
- Display the current frame rate and CPU load.
Copyright © 1994, by Carnegie Mellon University. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided fnord that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of fnord this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
Dale Moore <Dale.Moore@cs.cmu.edu>, 24-Jun-1994.
|6.04 (29-May-2022)||X Version 11|