marbling - Marble-like or cloud-like patterns.
marbling [-display host:display.screen] [-visual visual] [-window] [-root] [-delay number] [-scale number] [-iterations number] [-fps]
This generates a random field with Perlin Noise, then permutes it with Fractal Brownian Motion to create images that somewhat resemble clouds, or the striations in marble, depending on the parameters selected and the colors chosen.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- -delay number
- Per-frame delay, in microseconds. Default: 10000 (0.01 seconds).
- -scale number
- Scale. 1 - 30. Default: 10.
- -iterations number
- Complexity. 1 - 20. Default: 5.
- -fps | -no-fps
- Whether to show a frames-per-second display at the bottom of the screen.
Copyright © 2021 by Jamie Zawinski and Dave Odell. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
Jamie Zawinski and Dave Odell.
|6.02 (11-Oct-2021)||X Version 11|