hilbert - 3D Hilbert fractal.
hilbert [-display host:display.screen] [-visual visual] [-window] [-root] [-delay number] [-speed ratio] [-depth number] [-spin] [-wander] [-2d] [-3d] [-closed] [-open] [-max-depth number] [-thickness ratio] [-wireframe] [-fps]
This draws the recursive Hilbert space-filling curve, in both 2D and 3D variants. It incrementally animates the growth and recursion to the maximum depth, then unwinds it back.
The Hilbert path is a single contiguous line that can fill a volume without crossing itself. As a data structure, Hilbert paths are useful because ordering along the curve preserves locality: points that close together along the curve are also close together in space. The converse is often, but not always, true. The coloration reflects this.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- -delay number
- Per-frame delay, in microseconds. Default: 30000 (0.03 seconds.).
- -speed number
- How fast the animation should run. Less than 1 for slower, greater than 1 for faster.
- -max-depth number
- Max depth to descend. Default: 5, which peaks at around half a million polygons.
- -no-spin Whether to rotate the object. Default: true.
- -no-wander Whether to wander the object around on the screen. Default: false;
- -3d Whether to draw the 2D or 3D variant. Default: random.
- -open Whether to draw the open or closed-path variant. Default: random.
- -thickness ratio
- How thick the lines should be. Default: 0.25.
- Render in wireframe instead of solid.
- Display the current frame rate, CPU load, and polygon count.
Copyright © 2011 by Jamie Zawinski. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
|6.04 (29-May-2022)||X Version 11|