helix - draw helical string-art patterns
helix [-display host:display.screen] [-foreground color] [-background color] [-window] [-root] [-mono] [-erase-speed usecs] [-erase-mode integer] [-delay seconds] [-install] [-visual visual] [-fps]
The helix program draws interesting patterns composed of line segments in random colors.
helix accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- If on a color display, pretend we're on a monochrome display.
- -delay seconds
- This sets the number of seconds that the helix will be on the screen.
- -subdelay microseconds
- This sets the amount of time to pause periodically while drawing.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- Display the current frame rate and CPU load.
Copyright © 1992 by Jamie Zawinski. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
Jamie Zawinski <email@example.com>, 13-aug-92. Screen eraser
improved by Johannes Keukelaar <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
|6.04 (29-May-2022)||X Version 11|