gflux - rippling surface graphics hack
gflux [-display host:display.screen] [-window] [-root] [-install] [-visual visual] [-delay microseconds] [-squares num] [-resolution num] [-mode mode] [-flat num] [-speed num] [-rotationx num] [-rotationy num] [-rotationz num] [-waves num] [-waveChange num] [-waveHeight num] [-waveFreq num] [-zoom num] [-wireframe] [-fps]
The gflux program draws a colourfull animated rippling square rotating in 3D space.
gflux accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- -squares num
- Specifies the size of the grid in squares. default 19
- -resolution num
- Specifies the wireframe detail of the squares. default 4
- -mode mode
- Specifies the draw method: wireframe; solid (meaning a solid colored
surface); light (same as solid, but with lighting effects); checker (a
texture-mapped checkerboard pattern); or grab (meaning grab an image to
When grabbing images, the image will be grabbed from the portion of the screen underlying the window, or from the system's video input, or from a random file on disk, as indicated by the grabDesktopImages, grabVideoFrames, and chooseRandomImages options in the ~/.xscreensaver file; see xscreensaver-settings(1) for more details.
- Same as "-mode wire".
- -flat num
- 0 for smooth shading 1 for flat. default 0
- -speed num
- Specifies speed of ripples flowing over the surface. default 0.05
- -rotationx num -rotationy num -rotationz num
- Specifies the speed of rotation of the surface in these axis
- -waves num
- Specifies the number of ripple centres at any one time. Values should be greater than 1. default 3
- -waveChange num
- Specifies the duration of a ripple centre. after this they fade away to be reborn elsewhere with a different frequency. default 50
- -waveHeight num
- Specifies the height of ripples on the surface. default 1.0
- -waveFreq num
- Specifies the maximum frequency of ripples. default 3.0
- -zoom num
- Specifies the size of the viewport. Smaller values fill the screen with rippling surface. default 1.0
- -delay microseconds
- How long to pause between frames. Default is 20000, or 0.02 second.
- Display the current frame rate, CPU load, and polygon count.
Copyright © 2000 by Josiah Pease. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
Josiah Pease <email@example.com>, 10-Jun-2000.
|6.02 (11-Oct-2021)||X Version 11|