|Mail::SpamAssassin::PersistentAddrList(3)||User Contributed Perl Documentation||Mail::SpamAssassin::PersistentAddrList(3)|
Mail::SpamAssassin::PersistentAddrList - persistent address list base class
my $factory = PersistentAddrListSubclass->new(); $spamtest->set_persistent_addr_list_factory ($factory); ... call into SpamAssassin classes...
SpamAssassin will call:
my $addrlist = $factory->new_checker($spamtest); $entry = $addrlist->get_addr_entry ($addr); ...
All persistent address list implementations, used by the auto-welcomelist code to track known-good email addresses, use this as a base class.
See "Mail::SpamAssassin::DBBasedAddrList" for an example.
- $factory = PersistentAddrListSubclass->new();
- This creates a factory object, which SpamAssassin will call to create a new checker object for the persistent address list.
- my $addrlist = $factory->new_checker();
- Create a new address-list checker object from the factory. Called by the SpamAssassin classes.
- $entry = $addrlist->get_addr_entry ($addr);
- Given an email address $addr, return an entry
object with the details of that address.
The entry object is a reference to a hash, which must contain at least two keys: "count", which is the count of times that address has been encountered before; and "totscore", which is the total of all scores for messages associated with that address. From these two fields, an average score will be calculated, and the score for the current message will be regressed towards that mean message score.
The hash can contain whatever other data your back-end needs to store, under other keys.
The method should never return "undef", or a hash that does not contain a "count" key and a "totscore" key.
- $entry = $addrlist->add_score($entry, $score);
- This method should add the given score to the welcomelist database for the given entry, and then return the new entry.
- $entry = $addrlist->remove_entry ($entry);
- This method should remove the given entry from the welcomelist database.
- $entry = $addrlist->finish ();
- Clean up, if necessary. Called by SpamAssassin when it has finished checking, or adding to, the auto-welcomelist database.