ORTE_FILEM - Open RTE MCA File Management (FileM) Framework: Overview of Open RTE's FileM framework, and selected modules. Open MPI 4.1.4
FileM is a utility framework used by OpenRTE for a variety of purposes, including the transport of checkpoint files, preloading user binaries, and preloading of user files.
Open RTE currently ships with one FileM component: rsh.
The following MCA parameters apply to all components:
- Set the verbosity level for all components. Default is 0, or silent except on error.
The rsh component uses rcp or scp to do its file transfers. This component requires the use of passwordless rsh or ssh between all nodes.
The rsh component has the following MCA parameters:
- The component's priority to use when selecting the most appropriate component for a run.
- Set the verbosity level for this component. Default is 0, or silent except on error.
- The program to use to copy files. Generally will be rcp or scp.
- The program used to remotely log into a given machine and remove files. Generally will be rsh or ssh.
The none component simply selects no FileM component. All of the FileM function calls return immediately with ORTE_SUCCESS.
This component is the last component to be selected by default. This means that if another component is available, and the none component was not explicity requested then ORTE will attempt to activate all of the available components before falling back to this component.
orte-checkpoint(1), orte-restart(1), opal-checkpoint(1), opal-restart(1), orte_snapc(7), opal_crs(7)
|May 26, 2022||4.1.4|