|General Commands Manual (urm)
obrms — Calculate
the heavy-atom RMSD between two chemically identical structures
|[-fmxso] filename1 filename2
Computes the heavy-atom RMSD of identical compound structures. Structures in multi-structure files are compared one-by-one unless -firstonly is passed, in which case only the first structure in the reference file is used.
- use only the first structure in the reference file (otherwise the nth molecule in the reference file is compared to the nth molecule in the test file)
- Compute the minimum RMSD achievable by applying a rigid-body transformation to the test molecule
- Compute all n^2 RMSDs between molecules of the reference file. Test file is ignored.
- Separate reference file into constituent molecules (disconnected fragments) and report best RMSD
- Re-oriented test structure output (used with -m)
obrms ref.sdf test.sdf
Calculate the RMSD between ref.sdf and test.sdf. Both files should have the same number of molecules.
obrms -f ref.sdf
Calculate the RMSD between the first molecule in ref.sdf and each molecule in test.sdf.
The web pages for Open Babel can be found at: http://openbabel.org/
Open Babel is developed by a cast of many, including currrent maintainers Geoff Hutchison, Chris Morley, Michael Banck, and innumerable others who have contributed fixes and additions. For more contributors to Open Babel, see http://openbabel.org/wiki/THANKS
Copyright (C) 1998-2001 by OpenEye Scientific Software, Inc.
Some portions Copyright (C) 2001-2007 by Geoffrey R. Hutchison and other contributors.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation version 2 of the License.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
|October 10, 2019
|Open Babel 3.1