|Pamaddnoise User Manual(0)||Pamaddnoise User Manual(0)|
pamaddnoise - add noise to a Netpbm image
[-seed int] pamaddnoise -type gaussian
[-sigma2 value] [-seed int]
[netpbmfile] pamaddnoise -type multiplicative_gaussian
[-mgsigma value] [-seed int]
[netpbmfile] pamaddnoise -type impulse
[-seed int] [netpbmfile] pamaddnoise -type laplacian
[-seed int] [netpbmfile] pamaddnoise -type poisson
[-seed int] [netpbmfile]
This program is part of Netpbm(1)
pamaddnoise adds the specified noise type to a Netpbm image. pamaddnoise treats a PPM image as 3 independent planes, not as a plane of colors in a color space.
- -lambda value
- Used for poisson noise only. The default value is 0.05.
- -lsigma value
- Used for laplacian noise only. The default value is 10.0.
- -mgsigma value
- Used for multiplicative gaussian noise only. The default value is 0.5.
- -seed int
- Used for all noise types. Set the initial random number generator seed value.
- -sigma1 value
- Used for gaussian noise only. The default value is 4.0.
- -sigma2 value
- Used for gaussian noise only. The default value is 20.0.
- -tolerance ratio
- Used for impulse noise only. The default value is 0.10. This means that 5% of all pixel values will be set to 0 and 5% will be set to the maxval
- -type noise_type
- Select type of noise by name. The following noise types are available: gaussian, multiplicative_gaussian, impulse, laplacian, poisson. Only enough letters to be unique are required for the noise type option. The default noise type is gaussian.
- 'Adaptive Image Restoration in Signal-Dependent Noise' by R. Kasturi Institute for Electronic Science, Texas Tech University, 1982
- 'Digital Image Processing Algorithms' by Ioannis Pitas, Prentice Hall, 1993 ISBN 0-13-145814-0
pgmnoise(1) , pgmmedian(1) , pnm(5) , pam(5) ,
pamaddnoise was added to Netpbm in Version 10.29 (August 2005). It had been distributed by Mike Burns via his own web site before that (and continued to be so).
Burns' version, and the one in Netpbm 10.29, was called pnmaddnoise and worked only on PNM images. In Netpbm 10.30, it was converted to handle PAM images and renamed to pamaddnoise.
Copyright (C) 1995 by Mike Burns <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|14 November 1995||netpbm documentation|