verifies media data stored in EWF files
ewfverify is a utility to verify media
data stored in EWF files.
ewfverify is part of the
libewf is a
library to access the Expert Witness Compression Format (EWF).
ewf_files the first or the entire set of EWF segment files
The options are as follows:
- the codepage of header section, options: ascii (default), windows-874, windows-932, windows-936, windows-949, windows-950, windows-1250, windows-1251, windows-1252, windows-1253, windows-1254, windows-1255, windows-1256, windows-1257 or windows-1258
- calculate additional digest (hash) types besides md5, options: sha1, sha256
- specify the input format, options: raw (default), files (restricted to logical volume files)
- shows this help
- logs verification errors and the digest (hash) to the log filename
- the process buffer size (default is the chunk size)
- quiet shows minimal status information
- verbose output to stderr
- print version
- zero sectors on checksum error (mimic EnCase like behavior)
- use the chunk data instead of the buffered read and write functions.
ewfverify can either verify the raw
storage media data or logical file data stored in EWF file(s).
# ewfverify floppy.E01 ewfverify 20110801 Verify started at: Tue Jan 11 19:21:51 2011 This could take a while. Status: at 2%. verified 32 kB (32768 bytes) of total 1.4 MiB (1474560 bytes).
# ewfverify -f files logical.E01 ewfverify 20110111 Verify started at: Tue Jan 11 19:21:51 2011 Single file: file1.txt MD5 hash stored in file: 6fef2a64afbf070a264366183698bb5e MD5 hash calculated over data: 6fef2a64afbf070a264366183698bb5e
Errors, verbose and debug output are printed to stderr when verbose output -v is enabled. Verbose and debug output are only printed when enabled at compilation.
Please report bugs of any kind to <firstname.lastname@example.org> or on the project website: http://code.google.com/p/libewf/
These man pages were written by Kees Mastwijk.
Alterations for distribution have been made by Joachim Metz.
Copyright 2006-2014, Joachim Metz <email@example.com>.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
|January 19, 2014||libewf|