jinfo - generate Java configuration information for a specified Java process
Note: This command is experimental and unsupported.
jinfo [option] pid
- This represents the jinfo command-line options. See Options for the jinfo Command.
- The process ID for which the configuration information is to be printed. The process must be a Java process. To get a list of Java processes running on a machine, use either the ps command or, if the JVM processes are not running in a separate docker instance, the jps command.
The jinfo command prints Java configuration information for a specified Java process. The configuration information includes Java system properties and JVM command-line flags. If the specified process is running on a 64-bit JVM, then you might need to specify the -J-d64 option, for example:
jinfo -J-d64 -sysprops pid
This command is unsupported and might not be available in future releases of the JDK. In Windows Systems where dbgeng.dll is not present, the Debugging Tools for Windows must be installed to have these tools work. The PATH environment variable should contain the location of the jvm.dll that's used by the target process or the location from which the core dump file was produced.
OPTIONS FOR THE JINFO COMMAND
If none of the following options are used, both the command-line flags and the system property name-value pairs are printed.
- -flag name
- Prints the name and value of the specified command-line flag.
- -flag [+|-]name
- Enables or disables the specified Boolean command-line flag.
- -flag name=value
- Sets the specified command-line flag to the specified value.
- Prints command-line flags passed to the JVM.
- Prints Java system properties as name-value pairs.
- -h or -help
- Prints a help message.