guestfs-tools-release-notes - guestfs tools release Notes
These are the release notes for guestfs tools stable release 1.48. This describes the major changes since 1.46.
Guestfs tools 1.48.0 was released on 14 March 2022.
New templates: "alma-8.5", "centosstream-8", "debian-11", "fedora-34", "fedora-34" (armv7l), "fedora-35" "fedora-35" (aarch64) (Lars Kaiser, Stef Walter).
New fedora-34 (armv7l) template is built to use UEFI.
The yescrypt password hashing method is now supported (Björn Esser).
Recognise "kalilinux", "kylin" and "msdos" operating systems / Linux distros (Laszlo Ersek).
Inspection of LUKS encrypted filesystems placed directly on logical volumes is now supported, but you will need libguestfs ≥ 1.48 (Laszlo Ersek).
Add a new default operation called "net-nmconn" which removes NetworkManager connection profiles (Laszlo Ersek).
"virt-win-reg --version" now prints both the version of guestfs tools and the libguestfs library that it is linked with.
All OCaml tools now suppress line wrapping when output is redirected to a file (to make it easier to parse logs with external programs). There is a new --wrap option which can be used to reenable line wrapping to files if needed (Laszlo Ersek).
Multiple fixes to make it easier to build against either the system installed libguestfs or a locally built libguestfs (Laszlo Ersek).
Fix multiple OCaml warnings. Remove some deprecated OCaml features. We now require OCaml ≥ 4.04.
Multiple fixes to valgrind support for glibc 2.35, OCaml 4.13 and libvirt 7.7. "make check-valgrind" should now work.
New OCaml "On_exit" module (from libguestfs-common) is used instead of custom on-exit and signal handling.
- virt-install armv7 guest on aarch64 host doesn't work, no LPAE support and no PCI devices
- RFE: virt-inspector fails to detect the distro and applications on Kylin-Desktop-V10 image
- virt-sysprep doesn't cleanup NetworkManager connection files
- The version is incorrect when running 'virt-win-reg --version'
- Log lines wrapping make log parsing difficult
- Virt-v2v can't convert guest using LUKS-on-LV
- Armv7 guest fails to boot with qemu-3.0.0-1
Copyright (C) 2009-2023 Red Hat Inc.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA.
To get a list of bugs against libguestfs, use this link: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?component=libguestfs&product=Virtualization+Tools
To report a new bug against libguestfs, use this link: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?component=libguestfs&product=Virtualization+Tools
When reporting a bug, please supply:
- The version of libguestfs.
- Where you got libguestfs (eg. which Linux distro, compiled from source, etc)
- Describe the bug accurately and give a way to reproduce it.
- Run libguestfs-test-tool(1) and paste the complete, unedited output into the bug report.