|CUPS-GENPPD(8)||Gutenprint Manual Pages||CUPS-GENPPD(8)|
cups-genppd -L [-c localedir]
cups-genppd -M [-v]
- cups-genppd -v bjc-6200 'Epson Stylus Photo 1280' 'HP DeskJet 850C'
- verbosely generate three PPD files, listing the driver name in the first case, and the full name in the second.
- LANG=de_DE genppd -p ppd -c /usr/share/locale
- generate PPDs for all available models, in directory ppd using the locale data found under /usr/share/locale. The language to use is taken from the environment (de_DE).
- cups-genppd -L -c /usr/local/share/locale
- list available languages using the locale data found under /usr/local/share/locale.
- cups-genppd -M -v
- list available drivers, with long model descriptions
- show a help message
- list available translations (message catalogs). If a locale is used for which there is not a corresponding translation, then then US English will be used.
- list available printer models. By default, only driver names are listed; if verbose mode is used, the full model name will also be printed
- show version information and defaults
- The default behavior is to output PPDs if no command is given.
- -c localedir
- use localedir as the base directory for locale data
- -l locale
- output PPDs translated with messages for locale. Note that locale must be a locale as shown by locale -a. For example, the de translation is used by the de_DE locale; de alone will not work.
- -p prefix
- output PPDs in directory prefix. Directories are not recursively created.
- Quiet mode.
- Verbose mode.
- a list of printer models, either the driver or quoted full name.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2, as published by the Free Software Foundation.
This manual page was written by Roger Leigh (firstname.lastname@example.org).
|06 Dec 2020||Version 5.3.4|