peekfd - peek at file descriptors of running processes
[-h,--help] pid [fd] [fd] ...
peekfd attaches to a running process and intercepts all reads and writes
to file descriptors. You can specify the desired file descriptor numbers or
dump all of them.
- Do no post-processing on the bytes being read or written.
- Do not display headers indicating the source of the bytes dumped.
- Also dump the requested file descriptor activity in any new child
processes that are created.
- Remove duplicate read/writes from the output. If you're looking at a tty
with echo, you might want this.
- Display a version string.
- Display a help message.
Not used but useful for the user to look at to get good
file descriptor numbers.
The following diagnostics may be issued on stderr:
Probably lots. Don't be surprised if the process you are monitoring dies.
- Error attaching to pid <PID>
- An unknown error occurred while attempted to attach to a process, you may
need to be root.