|PERLNETWARE(1perl)||Perl Programmers Reference Guide||PERLNETWARE(1perl)|
- The Execution of this file takes 2 parameters as input. The first being the NetWare SDK path, second being the path for CodeWarrior Compiler & tools. Execution of this file sets these paths and also sets the build type to Release by default.
- This is used to set the build type to debug or release. Change the build
type only after executing SetNWBld.bat
- Typing "buildtype d on" at the command prompt causes the buildtype to be set to Debug type with D2 flag set.
- Typing "buildtype d off" or "buildtype d" at the command prompt causes the buildtype to be set to Debug type with D1 flag set.
- Typing "buildtype r" at the command prompt sets it to Release Build type.
Currently the following two build types are tested on NetWare:
- USE_MULTI, USE_ITHREADS & USE_IMP_SYS defined
- USE_MULTI & USE_IMP_SYS defined and USE_ITHREADS not defined
Example: At the command prompt Type "nmake nwinstall". This will install NetWare Perl on the NetWare Server. Similarly, if you type "nmake install", this will cause the binaries to be installed on the local machine. (Typically under the c:\perl folder)
Once this is done, do the following to build any extension:
- Change to the extension directory where its source files are present.
- Run the following command at the command prompt:
perl -II<path to NetWare lib dir> -II<path to lib> Makefile.pl
perl -Ic:/perl/5.6.1/lib/NetWare-x86-multi-thread \ -Ic:\perl\5.6.1\lib MakeFile.pl
perl -Ic:/perl/5.8.0/lib/NetWare-x86-multi-thread \ -Ic:\perl\5.8.0\lib MakeFile.pl
- nmake install
Install will copy the files into the Windows machine where NetWare Perl is installed and these files may have to be copied to the NetWare server manually. Alternatively, pass INSTALLSITELIB=i:\perl\lib as an input to makefile.pl above. Here i: is the mapped drive to the sys: volume of the server where Perl on NetWare is installed. Now typing nmake install, will copy the files onto the NetWare server.
Example: You can execute the following on the command prompt.
perl -Ic:/perl/5.6.1/lib/NetWare-x86-multi-thread \ -Ic:\perl\5.6.1\lib MakeFile.pl INSTALLSITELIB=i:\perl\lib
perl -Ic:/perl/5.8.0/lib/NetWare-x86-multi-thread \ -Ic:\perl\5.8.0\lib MakeFile.pl INSTALLSITELIB=i:\perl\lib
- Note: Some modules downloaded from CPAN may require NetWare related API in order to build on NetWare. Other modules may however build smoothly with or without minor changes depending on the type of module.
- Created - 18 Jan 2001
- Modified - 25 June 2001
- Modified - 13 July 2001
- Modified - 28 May 2002