|IPC::Msg(3perl)||Perl Programmers Reference Guide||IPC::Msg(3perl)|
IPC::Msg - SysV Msg IPC object class
use IPC::SysV qw(IPC_PRIVATE S_IRUSR S_IWUSR); use IPC::Msg; $msg = IPC::Msg->new(IPC_PRIVATE, S_IRUSR | S_IWUSR); $msg->snd($msgtype, $msgdata); $msg->rcv($buf, 256); $ds = $msg->stat; $msg->remove;
A class providing an object based interface to SysV IPC message queues.
- new ( KEY , FLAGS )
- Creates a new message queue associated with "KEY". A new queue is created if
- "KEY" is equal to "IPC_PRIVATE"
- "KEY" does not already have a message queue associated with it, and "FLAGS & IPC_CREAT" is true.
On creation of a new message queue "FLAGS" is used to set the permissions. Be careful not to set any flags that the Sys V IPC implementation does not allow: in some systems setting execute bits makes the operations fail.
- Returns the system message queue identifier.
- rcv ( BUF, LEN [, TYPE [, FLAGS ]] )
- Read a message from the queue. Returns the type of the message read. See msgrcv(2). The BUF becomes tainted.
- Remove and destroy the message queue from the system.
- set ( STAT )
- set ( NAME => VALUE [, NAME => VALUE ...] )
- "set" will set the following values of
the "stat" structure associated with the
uid gid mode (oly the permission bits) qbytes
"set" accepts either a stat object, as returned by the "stat" method, or a list of name-value pairs.
- snd ( TYPE, MSG [, FLAGS ] )
- Place a message on the queue with the data from "MSG" and with type "TYPE". See msgsnd(2).
- Returns an object of type
"IPC::Msg::stat" which is a sub-class of
"Class::Struct". It provides the
following fields. For a description of these fields see you system
uid gid cuid cgid mode qnum qbytes lspid lrpid stime rtime ctime
Graham Barr <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Marcus Holland-Moritz <email@example.com>
Version 2.x, Copyright (C) 2007-2013, Marcus Holland-Moritz.
Version 1.x, Copyright (c) 1997, Graham Barr.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.