|RMCP(8)||System Manager's Manual||RMCP(8)|
rmcp - remove NILFS2 checkpoints
rmcp [options] [device] checkpoint-range ...
rmcp is a utility for removing checkpoints from the NILFS2 file system found in device. The checkpoints which user wants to remove are specified with one or more checkpoint-ranges. When device is omitted, rmcp tries to find a NILFS2 file system from /proc/mounts.
The checkpoint-range must be provided with one or two integers in one of the following way:
- single checkpoint number
- every checkpoint number between start and end
- every checkpoint number equal or younger than end
- every checkpoint number equal or greater than start
This command is valid only for mounted NILFS2 file systems, and will fail if the device has no active mounts.
- -f, --force
- Ignore snapshots or nonexistent checkpoints.
- -i, --interactive
- Prompt before any removal.
- -h, --help
- Display help message and exit.
- -V, --version
- Display version and exit.
Koji Sato, Ryusuke Konishi <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
rmcp is part of the nilfs-utils package and is available from https://nilfs.sourceforge.io.
|Apr 2014||nilfs-utils version 2.2|