post_form, unpost_form - write or erase forms from associated subwindows
int post_form(FORM *form);
int unpost_form(FORM *form);
The function post_form displays a form to its associated subwindow. To trigger physical display of the subwindow, use refresh(3X) or some equivalent curses routine (the implicit doupdate triggered by an curses input request will do).
The function unpost_form erases form from its associated subwindow.
These routines return one of the following:
- The routine succeeded.
- Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument.
- Routine was called from an initialization or termination function.
- The form has not been posted.
- No items are connected to the form.
- Form is too large for its window.
- The form has already been posted.
- System error occurred (see errno(3)).
The header file <form.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>.
These routines emulate the System V forms library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions.
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond.