|tcextract(1)||General Commands Manual||tcextract(1)|
tcextract - read multimedia file from medium, extract or demultiplex requested stream and print to standard output
- -i name [ -x codec ] [ -t magic ] [ -a track ] [ -C s-e ] [ -d verbosity ] [ -v ]
tcextract is Copyright (C) by Thomas Oestreich.
tcextract is part of and usually called by
However, it can also be used independently.
tcextract reads source (from stdin if not explicitely defined) and prints on the standard output.
- -i name
- Specify input source. If ommited, stdin is assumed. tcextract reads streams from file or from stdin.
- -C s-e
- extract and print out only this frame interval (video) or bytes (audio) [all]. This option is only supported if the source contains proper information to perform a selective extraction.
- -t magic
- source file magic. This option is used to identify the source file format
if reading is performed from stdin or tcextract fails to identify
the source file format. Supported formats are labeled with magic:
avi RIFF AVI-file
vob MPEG program streams
m2v MPEG elementary video stream
vdr MPEG digital video recording
raw raw bitstream
wav RIFF WAVE audio
yuv4mpeg mjpeg-tools stream header format
- -x codec
- source pdeudo-codec, if not detected when reading from stdin. Currently,
supported parameter for codec are
mp3 MPEG audio
ac3 AC3 audio
a52 A52 audio
dv Digital Video DV
mpeg2 MPEG video
yv12 Y'CbCr YUV
rgb RGB 24-bit
ps1 MPEG private stream (subtitles)
pcm raw audio stream
- -a track
- extract selected audio or video track from source.
- -d level
- With this option you can specify a bitmask to enable different levels of
verbosity (if supported). You can combine several levels by adding the
- Print version information and exit.
tcextract is a front end for extracting various raw or encoded audio/video tracks from a source and is used in transcode's import pipeline.
The command tcextract -i foo.avi -x mp3 -a 3 extracts MPEG audio track 3 from the AVI-file foo.avi and prints the bitstream to stdout.
tcextract was written by Thomas Oestreich
<firstname.lastname@example.org> with contributions from many others. See AUTHORS for details.
avifix(1), avisync(1), avimerge(1), avisplit(1), tcprobe(1), tcscan(1), tccat(1), tcdemux(1), tcextract(1), tcdecode(1), transcode(1)
|26th November 2002||tcextract(1)|