|ext_edirectory_userip_acl(8)||System Manager's Manual||ext_edirectory_userip_acl(8)|
ext_edirectory_userip_acl - Squid eDirectory IP Lookup Helper
ext_edirectory_userip_acl [-h | --help | --usage]
ext_edirectory_userip_acl -H host -p port [-Z] [-P] [-v LDAP version ] -b basedn -s scope -D binddn -W bindpass -F filter [-G]
ext_edirectory_userip_acl is an installed binary.
This program has been written in order to solve the problems associated with running the Perl squid_ip_lookup.pl as a squid external helper.
The limitations of the Perl script involved memory/cpu utilization, speed, the lack of eDirectory 8.8 support, and IPv6 support.
- Force Addresses to be in IPv4 (0.0.0.0 format).
- Force Addresses to be in IPv6 (:: format).
- -b base
- Specify base DN. For example; o=ORG
- Write debug info to stderr.
- Specify binding DN. For example; cn=squid,o=ORG
- -F filter
- Specify LDAP search filter. For example; (objectClass=User)
- Specify if LDAP search group is required. For example; groupMembership=
- -h | --help | --usage
- Display the binary help and command line syntax info using stderr.
- -H host
- Specify hostname or IP of server
- -p port
- Port number.
- Use persistent connections.
- -t seconds
- Timeout factor for persistent connections. Set to 0 for never timeout. Default is 60 seconds.
- -s base|one|sub
- search scope. Defaults to sub
- base object only,
- one level below the base object or
- subtree below the base object
acl edirectory_users_allowed external IPUser cn=Internet_Allowed,ou=ORG,o=BASE acl edirectory_users_denied external IPUser cn=Internet_Denied,ou=ORG,o=BASE
http_access deny edirectory_users_denied http_access allow edirectory_users_allowed http_access deny all
In this example, the Internet_Allowed and Internet_Denied are Groups that users may be used to control internet access, which can also be stacked against other ACL's. Use of the groups is optional, unless the '-G' option has been passed. Please note that you need to specify the full LDAP object for this, as shown above.
IPv6 support has yet to be tested in a real IPv6 environment, but the code is in place to read IPv6 networkAddress fields, please attempt this in a TESTING environment first. Please contact the author regarding IPv6 support development.
There is a known issue regarding Novell's Client for Windows, that is mostly fixed by using version 4.91 SP3+, with the 'Auto-Reconnect' feature not re-populating the networkAddress field in eDirectory.
I have also experienced an issue related to using NetWare 6.5 (SP6 and lower?) and connection licensing. It appears that whenever a server runs low on connection licenses, that it I sometimes does not populate the networkAddress fields correctly.
Majority of Proxy Authentication issues can be resolved by having the users' reboot if their networkAddress is not correct, or using basic_ldap_auth as a fallback. Check ConsoleOne, etc to verify their networkAddress fields to troubleshoot.
This program was written by Chad E. Naugle <email@example.com>
This manual was written by Chad E. Naugle <firstname.lastname@example.org> Amos Jeffries <email@example.com>
* Copyright (C) 1996-2022 The Squid Software Foundation and
* Squid software is distributed under GPLv2+ license and includes
* contributions from numerous individuals and organizations.
* Please see the COPYING and CONTRIBUTORS files for details.
This program and documentation is copyright to the authors named above.
Distributed under the GNU General Public License (GNU GPL) version 2 or later (GPLv2+).
Questions on the usage of this program can be sent to the Squid Users mailing list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I STRONGLY RECOMMEND using the latest version of the Novell Client in all situations before seeking support! You may also need to make sure your servers have the latest service packs installed, and that your servers are properly synchronizing partitions.
Bug reports need to be made in English. See http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/BugReporting for details of what you need to include with your bug report.
Report bugs or bug fixes using http://bugs.squid-cache.org/
Report serious security bugs to Squid Bugs <email@example.com>
Report ideas for new improvements to the Squid Developers mailing list <firstname.lastname@example.org>