qcad - A feature-rich drafting application
qcad [ options ] [ files ]
QCAD is a free, open source application for Computer Aided
Drafting (CAD) in two dimensions (2D). With QCAD you can create, study and
alter technical drawings such as plans for buildings, interiors, mechanical
parts or schematics and diagrams. QCAD builds upon the Drawing Interchange
File Format. Such DXF-files are used by many other professional
QCAD works on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. The source code of QCAD
is released under the GPL version 3 (GPLv3), a popular Open Source
Copyright (c) Andrew Mustun and others.
- Displays this help.
- Displays the application version.
- -config path
- Reads and stores settings to QCAD3.ini at the given location instead of
the default location.
- -locale locale
- Sets the locale to be used (overrides the language set in the
preferences). E.g. '-locale de' starts QCAD in German.
- -filter filter
- Opens the subsequent file(s) with the explicitly given import filter.
- Don't try to avoid multiple instances from running simultaneously.
- -app-id ID
- Set application ID. Multiple instances of the same application (same ID)
cannot run simultaneously unless -allow-multiple-instances is used.
- Rescan scripts folder for new add-ons
- Forces reloading of scripts when they are used. This is mainly useful
during script development, to apply changes without restarting QCAD.
- Enables the script debugger. NOT recommended as this may cause unexpected
behavior when using QCAD.
- Print action order information in menus
- -autostart script-file
- Starts the given script file instead of the default scripts/autostart.js.
Note that with this option, QCAD is not started but rather the application
implemented in the given script.
- -exec script-file [ options ]
- Executes the given script file directly after starting QCAD. Options after
the script file are passed on to the script.
- -gui-css-file CSS-file
- Loads the specified CSS file.
- Don't use GUI. X11: don't connect to X11 server.
- Use but don't display GUI.
- Enables XData (custom properties) support.
- Quits QCAD, for example after executing the given script(s).