|Sys::Virt::Interface(3)||User Contributed Perl Documentation||Sys::Virt::Interface(3)|
Sys::Virt::Interface - Represent & manage a libvirt host network interface
The "Sys::Virt::Interface" module represents a host network interface allowing configuration of IP addresses, bonding, vlans and bridges.
- my $name = $iface->get_name()
- Returns a string with a locally unique name of the network
- Returns a true value if the interface is currently running
- my $name = $iface->get_mac()
- Returns a string with the hardware MAC address of the interface
- my $xml = $iface->get_xml_description()
- Returns an XML document containing a complete description of the network's configuration
- Start a network whose configuration was previously defined using the "define_network" method in Sys::Virt.
- Remove the configuration associated with a network previously defined with the "define_network" method in Sys::Virt. If the network is running, you probably want to use the "shutdown" or "destroy" methods instead.
- Immediately terminate the machine, and remove it from the virtual machine monitor. The $iface handle is invalid after this call completes and should not be used again.
This section documents constants that are used with various APIs described above
The following constants are used to filter object lists
The following constants can be used to control the behaviour of interface define operations
- Validate the XML document against the XML schema
The following constants are used when querying XML
- Request the inactive XML, instead of the current possibly live config.
Daniel P. Berrange <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Copyright (C) 2006-2009 Red Hat Copyright (C) 2006-2007 Daniel P. Berrange
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation (either version 2 of the License, or at your option any later version), or, the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file.
Sys::Virt, Sys::Virt::Error, "http://libvirt.org"