|Nemo(1)||General Commands Manual||Nemo(1)|
nemo - the Cinnamon File Manager
nemo [options] URIs...
This manual page documents briefly the nemo command.
Nemo is the file manager for the Cinnamon desktop.
Nemo follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below.
- Create the initial window with the given geometry.
- Open URIs in tabs.
- Open URIs in an existing window.
- Only create windows for explicitly specified URIs.
- Ignored - left for compatibility only.
- Repair the user thumbnail cache - this can be useful if you're having trouble with file thumbnails. Must be run as root.
- Quit Nemo.
- Show a summary of options.
- Show Nemo' version.
- Other standard GNOME options not listed here are also supported.
Ordinarily, nemo and nemo-desktop treat being run as the root user as special, with certain restrictions and UI changes. This behavior can be bypassed via a gsettings key. You can use the following command to enable/disable this override:
gsettings set org.nemo.preferences treat-root-as-normal true|false
Please report bugs and feature requests here: https://github.com/linuxmint/nemo
This manual page was originally written for Nautilus by Takuo KITAME <email@example.com> and Dafydd Harries <firstname.lastname@example.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others).