|MUPDF(1)||General Commands Manual||MUPDF(1)|
mupdf - MuPDF is a lightweight PDF viewer written in portable C
mupdf [options] file[page_number]
MuPDF is a document viewer that can show PDF, XPS, EPUB, XHTML, CBZ, and various image formats such as PNG, JPEG, GIF, and TIFF.
A description of each of the supported options is included below.
- -p password
- Uses the given password to open an encrypted PDF file. The password is tried both as user and owner password.
- -r resolution
- Changes the initial zoom level, specified as the resolution in dpi. The default value is 72.
- -A bits
- Changes the anti-aliasing quality, specified as a number of bits between 0 (off) and 8 (best). The default value is 8.
- -C RRGGBB
- Sets the full-page tint using hexadecimal color syntax. The default value is FFFAF0.
- -W width
- Page width in points for EPUB layout.
- -H height
- Page height in points for EPUB layout.
- -S size
- Font size in points for EPUB layout.
- -U CSS-file
- User style sheet for EPUB layout.
- Left mouse button click
- A left click on a hyper link follows the link. In presentation mode advances to the next page.
- Right mouse button click
- In presentation mode goes back to the previous page.
- Left mouse button drag
- Pan the page. Panning beyond the bottom or top edge will go to the next or previous page.
- Right mouse button drag
- Select text in an area. On X11, the selected text can be pasted in another application with a middle click. Press Ctrl+C to copy the selected text to the clipboard. On Windows, the selected text will automatically be copied to the clipboard.
- Scroll wheel
- Pan page up or down. Does not change page when reaching the bottom or top edge.
- Shift + Scroll wheel
- Pan page left or right.
- Control + Scroll wheel
- Zoom in or out.
- . pgdn space
- Go to the next page.
- , pgup b backspace
- Go to the previous page.
- Go to page 123.
- g, G
- Go to the first or last page.
- Mark current page for snap back. Up to 256 pages can be marked.
- Pop back to the latest mark.
- Save the current page number in the numbered register.
- Go to the page saved in the numbered register.
Zooming and rotating:
- +, -
- Zoom in or out.
- W, H
- Zoom page to exactly fit width/height of window.
- Zoom page to fit either to width or height of window.
- Reset zoom level.
- [, ]
- Rotate page left (counter-clockwise) or right (clockwise).
- Shrinkwrap window to fit the page.
- Toggles fullscreen mode.
- h, left, j, k, l, right
- Pan page left, down, up, or right.
- /, ?
- Search for text forwards or backwards.
- n, N
- Find the next/previous search result.
- <, >
- Increase/decrease EPUB/XHTML font size.
- Reload file.
- Toggle presentation mode.
- Toggle between color and grayscale rendering.
- Toggle full-page color tinting.
- Toggle between normal and inverted color rendering.
- Toggle ICC color mode.
- Toggle spot color mode.
- Set bit of anti-aliasing to use. The default is 8. 0 means no anti-aliasing, 9 means no anti-aliasing, centre-of-pixel rule, 10 means no anti-aliasing, any-part-of-a-pixel rule.
- Show page number and total number of pages.
- Save updated document file.
- Sending a SIGHUP signal to the mupdf process will also cause the viewed file to be reloaded automatically, for use in e.g. build scripts.
MuPDF is Copyright 2006–2021 Artifex Software, Inc.
|January 12, 2021|