Play the game of chess.
- -h, --help
- display this help and exit
- -v, --version
- display version information and exit
- -q, --quiet
- make the program silent on startup
- same as -q
- -x, --xboard
- start in engine mode
- -p, --post
- start up showing thinking
- -e, --easy
- disable thinking in opponents time
- -m, --manual
- enable manual mode
- -u, --uci
- enable UCI protocol (externally behave as UCI engine)
- -M size, --memory=size
- specify memory usage in MB for hashtable
- -a filename, --addbook=filename
- compile book.bin from pgn book 'filename'
- -g, --graphic
- enable graphic mode
- Options xboard and post are accepted without leading dashes for backward compatibility.
- Moves are accepted either in standard algebraic notation (SAN) or in coordinate algebraic notation.
- The file 'gnuchess.ini' allows setting config options if --uci is not used. See 'info gnuchess' for details. The file is looked in three locations according to this precedence: current directory, the directory pointed to by environment variable GNUCHESS_PKGDATADIR, or the package data directory stated at configure time.
- info gnuchess
should give you access to the complete manual.
|May 2021||Chess 6.2.8|