- Your MaxMind account ID. This was formerly known as UserId.
- Your case-sensitive MaxMind license key.
- List of space-separated database edition IDs. Edition IDs may consist of letters, digits, and dashes. For example, GeoIP2-City 106 would download the GeoIP2 City database (GeoIP2-City) and the GeoIP Legacy Country database (106). Note: this was formerly called ProductIds.
- The directory to store the database files. If not set, the default is /var/lib/GeoIP. This can be overridden at run time by the -d command line argument.
- The host name of the server to use. The default is updates.maxmind.com.
- The proxy host name or IP address. You may optionally specify a port number, e.g., 127.0.0.1:8888. If no port number is specified, 1080 will be used.
- The proxy user name and password, separated by a colon. For instance, username:password.
- Whether to preserve modification times of files downloaded from the server. This option is either 0 or 1. The default is 0.
- The lock file to use. This ensures only one geoipupdate process can run at a time. Note: Once created, this lockfile is not removed from the filesystem. The default is .geoipupdate.lock under the DatabaseDirectory.
- The amount of time to retry for when errors during HTTP transactions are encountered. It can be specified as a (possibly fractional) decimal number followed by a unit suffix. Valid time units are ns, us (or µs), ms, s, m, h. The default is 5m (5 minutes).