distccmon-text - Displays current compilation jobs in text form.
Displays current compilation jobs in text form. distccmon-text must be run on
the client machine, with the same setting for DISTCC_DIR (or home
directory) as the user running the distcc client.
The output of distccmon-text contains one line for each job currently being
compiled. Each line contains the following columns:
- repeatedly updates after delay (fractional) seconds.
- ID of the distcc client process.
- Identifies the phase of operation. In order these may be
"Startup", "Blocked", "Connected",
"Preprocess", "Conect", "Send",
"Receive" and "Done".
- The input filename, if known.
- The compile hostname. May be followed in square brackets by the slot index
for that host.
When a delay is specified, each block of output is terminated by a
To display currently active jobs (updated every second):
- distccmon-text 1
To display the status once:
distcc was written by Martin Pool <firstname.lastname@example.org>, with the
co-operation of many scholars including Wayne Davison, Frerich Raabe, Dimitri
Papadopoulos and others noted in the NEWS file. Please report bugs to