|COQ(1)||General Commands Manual||COQ(1)|
coqdep - Compute inter-module dependencies for Coq programs
coqdep [ -I directory ] [ -coqlib directory ] [ -i ] [ -slash ] filename ... directory ...
coqdep computes inter-module dependencies for Coq programs, and prints the dependencies on the standard output in a format readable by make. When a directory is given as argument, it is recursively looked at.
Dependencies of Coq modules are computed by looking at Require commands (Require, Require Export, Require Import, possibly restricted by a From clause), Declare ML Module commands, Add LoadPath commands and Load commands. Dependencies relative to modules from the Coq library are not printed except if -boot is given.
- -f file
- Read filenames and options -I, -R and -Q from a _CoqProject FILE.
- -I/-Q/-R options
- Have the same effects on load path and modules names as for other Coq commands (coqtop, coqc).
- -coqlib directory
- Indicates where is the Coq library. The default value has been determined at installation time, and therefore this option should not be used under normal circumstances.
- -exclude-dir dir
- Skips subdirectory dir during -R/-Q search.
- Output the given file name ordered by dependencies.
- Output dependencies for .vos files (this is not the default as it breaks dune's Coq mode)
- For coq developers, prints dependencies over coq library files (omitted by default).
- Currently no effect.
- Includes dependencies about .vos files.
- -dyndep (opt|byte|both|no|var)
- Set how dependencies over ML modules are printed.
- A file given on the command line cannot be found, or some file cannot be opened, or there is a syntax error in one of the commands recognized by coqdep.
- In all other cases. In particular, when a dependency cannot be found or an invalid option is encountered, coqdep prints a warning and exits with status 0.
Lexers (for Coq and OCaml) correctly handle nested comments and strings.
The treatment of symbolic links is primitive.
If two files have the same name, in two different directories, a warning is printed on standard error.
There is no way to limit the scope of the recursive search for directories.
Consider the files (in the same directory):
a.mllib X.v Y.v and Z.v
- a.mllib contains the module names `B' and `C';
- Y.v contains the command `Require Foo.X' ;
- Z.v contains the commands `From Foo Require X' and `Declare ML Module "a"'.
To get the dependencies of the Coq files:
- example% coqdep -I . -Q . Foo *.v
X.vo X.glob X.v.beautified X.required_vo: X.v X.vio: X.v Y.vo Y.glob Y.v.beautified Y.required_vo: Y.v X.vo Y.vio: Y.v X.vio Z.vo Z.glob Z.v.beautified Z.required_vo: Z.v X.vo ./a.cma ./a.cmxs Z.vio: Z.v X.vio ./a.cma ./a.cmxs
Please report any bug to https://github.com/coq/coq/issues