autoreconf - Update generated configuration files
autoreconf [OPTION]... [DIRECTORY]...
Run 'autoconf' and, when needed, 'aclocal', 'autoheader', 'automake', 'autopoint' (formerly 'gettextize'), 'libtoolize', 'intltoolize', and 'gtkdocize' to regenerate the GNU Build System files in specified DIRECTORIES and their subdirectories (defaulting to '.').
By default, it only remakes those files that are older than their sources. If you install new versions of the GNU Build System, you can make 'autoreconf' remake all of the files by giving it the '--force' option.
- -h, --help
- print this help, then exit
- -V, --version
- print version number, then exit
- -v, --verbose
- verbosely report processing
- -d, --debug
- don't remove temporary files
- -f, --force
- consider all generated and standard files obsolete
- -i, --install
- copy missing standard auxiliary files
- don't rebuild sub-packages
- -s, --symlink
- with -i, install symbolic links instead of copies
- -m, --make
- when applicable, re-run ./configure && make
- -W, --warnings=CATEGORY
- report the warnings falling in CATEGORY [syntax]
- cross compilation issues
- GNU coding standards (default in gnu and gnits modes)
- obsolete features or constructions (default)
- user redefinitions of Automake rules or variables
- portability issues (default in gnu and gnits modes)
- nested Make variables (default with -Wportability)
- extra portability issues related to obscure tools
- dubious syntactic constructs (default)
- unsupported or incomplete features (default)
- all the warnings
- turn off warnings in CATEGORY
- turn off all the warnings
- treat warnings as errors
The environment variable 'WARNINGS' is honored. Some subtools might support other warning types, using 'all' is encouraged.
- -B, --prepend-include=DIR
- prepend directory DIR to search path
- -I, --include=DIR
- append directory DIR to search path
The environment variables AUTOCONF, ACLOCAL, AUTOHEADER, AUTOM4TE, AUTOMAKE, AUTOPOINT, GTKDOCIZE, INTLTOOLIZE, LIBTOOLIZE, M4, and MAKE are honored.
Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.
Copyright © 2021 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License
GPLv3+/Autoconf: GNU GPL version 3 or later
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
The full documentation for autoreconf is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and autoreconf programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info autoreconf
should give you access to the complete manual.
|January 2021||GNU Autoconf 2.71|