|XBACKLIGHT(1)||General Commands Manual||XBACKLIGHT(1)|
xbacklight [flags] -list
xbacklight [flags] -get | -getf | -get-steps
xbacklight [flags] -set PERCENT | -inc PERCENT | -dec PERCENT
xbacklight [flags] [=]PERCENT | +PERCENT | -PERCENT
- Print the list of controllable devices.
- Print out the backlight brightness as a percentage.
- Same as -get, but without rounding.
- Return the number of available brightness steps.
Regular set flags:
- -set PERCENT
- Sets the backlight brightness to the specified percentage level.
- -inc PERCENT
- Increases brightness by the specified amount.
- -dec PERCENT
- Decreases brightness by the specified amount.
Set operations using positional arguments:
- xbacklight PERCENT
- xbacklight =PERCENT
- Set brightness (same as -set PERCENT).
- xbacklight +PERCENT
- Increase brightness (same as -inc PERCENT).
- xbacklight -PERCENT
- Decrease brightness (same as -dec PERCENT).
- -h, -help
- Print out a summary of the usage and exit.
- -time MILLISECONDS
- Length of time to spend fading the backlight between old and new value. Default is 200. Specifying either the number of fading steps (with -steps) or fading frame rate (with -fps) is required to actually perform fading.
- -steps STEPS
- Number of fading steps.
- -fps FPS
- Target frame rate (frames/steps per second).
- -display IGNORED
- Ignored for backward compatibility.
- -ctrl CONTROLLER
- Set the device name to operate on.
- Adjust the display according to the perceived brighness instead of operating on the raw value directly.
The backlight of most panels cannot be changed at a rate higher than 20-30hz. Setting a high FPS value will not improve the transition smoothness beyond a certain point.
Most keyboard's backlights have a very coarse resolution, with usually only 4 brightness steps available. Use -get-steps to determine the available resolution. Supplying small relative increments will not effectively change the backlight illumination. Use large values (+30) or set absolute percentages directly (=70).
The command-line flags -list, -ctrl, -getf, -get-steps, -perceived and -fps do not exist in the original xbacklight.
Fractional values are not allowed in the original xbacklight.
The = (equals) is required by the original version when specifying an absolute brightness value, but can be omitted in this version.
Copyright(c) 2016-2018 by wave++ "Yuri D'Elia" <email@example.com>.