|Xephyr(1)||General Commands Manual||Xephyr(1)|
Unlike Xnest which is an X proxy, i.e. limited to the capabilities of the host X server, Xephyr is a real X server which uses the host X server window as "framebuffer" via fast SHM XImages.
It also has support for "visually" debugging what the server is painting.
- -screen widthxheight
- sets the screen size.
- -parent id
- uses existing window id . If a -screen argument follows a -parent argument, this screen is embedded into the given window.
- set 'cursor acceleration': The host's cursor is reused. This is only really there to aid debugging by avoiding server paints for the cursor. Performance improvement is negligible.
- Allow the Xephyr window to be resized, even if not embedded into a parent window. By default, the Xephyr window has a fixed size.
- Disable grabbing the keyboard and mouse.
- Rotated displays are currently updated via full blits. This is slower than a normal orientated display. Debug mode will therefore not be of much use rotated.
- The '-host-cursor' cursor is static in its appearance.
- The build gets a warning about 'nanosleep'. I think the various '-D' build flags are causing this. I haven't figured as yet how to work round it. It doesn't appear to break anything however.
- Keyboard handling is basic but works.
- Mouse button 5 probably won't work.
|xorg-server 1.20.13||X Version 11|