EVP_MD-SHAKE, EVP_MD-KECCAK-KMAC - The SHAKE / KECCAK family EVP_MD implementations
Support for computing SHAKE or KECCAK-KMAC digests through the EVP_MD API.
KECCAK-KMAC is a special digest that's used by the KMAC EVP_MAC implementation (see EVP_MAC-KMAC(7)).
This implementation is available in the FIPS provider as well as the default provider, and includes the following varieties:
- Known names are "KECCAK-KMAC-128" and "KECCAK-KMAC128" This is used by EVP_MAC-KMAC128(7)
- Known names are "KECCAK-KMAC-256" and "KECCAK-KMAC256" This is used by EVP_MAC-KMAC256(7)
- Known names are "SHAKE-128" and "SHAKE128"
- Known names are "SHAKE-256" and "SHAKE256"
This implementation supports the common gettable parameters described in EVP_MD-common(7).
- "xoflen" (OSSL_DIGEST_PARAM_XOFLEN) <unsigned integer>
- Sets the digest length for extendable output functions. The length of the
"xoflen" parameter should not exceed that of a size_t.
For backwards compatibility reasons the default xoflen length for SHAKE-128 is 16 (bytes) which results in a security strength of only 64 bits. To ensure the maximum security strength of 128 bits, the xoflen should be set to at least 32.
For backwards compatibility reasons the default xoflen length for SHAKE-256 is 32 (bytes) which results in a security strength of only 128 bits. To ensure the maximum security strength of 256 bits, the xoflen should be set to at least 64.
Copyright 2020-2022 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved.
Licensed under the Apache License 2.0 (the "License"). You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain a copy in the file LICENSE in the source distribution or at https://www.openssl.org/source/license.html.