EVP_MAC-BLAKE2, EVP_MAC-BLAKE2BMAC, EVP_MAC-BLAKE2SMAC - The BLAKE2 EVP_MAC implementations
Support for computing BLAKE2 MACs through the EVP_MAC API.
These implementations are identified with one of these names and properties, to be used with EVP_MAC_fetch():
- "BLAKE2BMAC", "provider=default"
- "BLAKE2SMAC", "provider=default"
The general description of these parameters can be found in "PARAMETERS" in EVP_MAC(3).
All these parameters can be set with EVP_MAC_CTX_set_params(). Furthermore, the "size" parameter can be retrieved with EVP_MAC_CTX_get_params(), or with EVP_MAC_CTX_get_mac_size(). The length of the "size" parameter should not exceed that of a size_t. Likewise, the "block-size" parameter can be retrieved with EVP_MAC_CTX_get_params(), or with EVP_MAC_CTX_get_block_size().
- "key" (OSSL_MAC_PARAM_KEY) <octet string>
- Sets the MAC key. It may be at most 64 bytes for BLAKE2BMAC or 32 for BLAKE2SMAC and at least 1 byte in both cases. Setting this parameter is identical to passing a key to EVP_MAC_init(3).
- "custom" (OSSL_MAC_PARAM_CUSTOM) <octet string>
- Sets the custom value. It is an optional value of at most 16 bytes for BLAKE2BMAC or 8 for BLAKE2SMAC, and is empty by default.
- "salt" (OSSL_MAC_PARAM_SALT) <octet string>
- Sets the salt. It is an optional value of at most 16 bytes for BLAKE2BMAC or 8 for BLAKE2SMAC, and is empty by default.
- "size" (OSSL_MAC_PARAM_SIZE) <unsigned integer>
- Sets the MAC size. It can be any number between 1 and 32 for EVP_MAC_BLAKE2S or between 1 and 64 for EVP_MAC_BLAKE2B. It is 32 and 64 respectively by default.
- "block-size" (OSSL_MAC_PARAM_SIZE) <unsigned integer>
- Gets the MAC block size. By default, it is 64 for EVP_MAC_BLAKE2S and 128 for EVP_MAC_BLAKE2B.
The macros and functions described here were added to OpenSSL 3.0.
Copyright 2018-2021 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved.
Licensed under the Apache License 2.0 (the "License"). You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain a copy in the file LICENSE in the source distribution or at https://www.openssl.org/source/license.html.